Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Zesty Avocado Cilantro Dressing - 2pp

Ok, seriously, Skinny Taste is one of my all-time favorite recipe sites. I've tried many of Gina's recipes and most of them are amazing. For real-- 2 points+ for 3.5 tablespoons! I made this a while ago and it is seriously one of the best dressings I’ve ever had. No joke; I see myself using this as salad dressing, on sandwiches and as a dip. 3.5 tablespoons is a pretty big serving, but this dressing is kind of thick, so it works well with larger salads.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 small jalapeno, seeds removed, leave them in if you want it spicy
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
1 medium haas avocado
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp chopped scallion
juice of 1 lime
1/8 tsp cumin (note: I'm not a fan of cumin, so I left it out)
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt

Directions:

Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
For a thinner dressing add more buttermilk, for a thicker dip use less.

Want to check out Gina's original posting of this recipe? I don't blame you, man. Click here for the goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment